post on eternity from earlier this week. I would love to hear your thoughts!
CQL accreditation this week, and I couldn't go anywhere. It's a 5 day process, and I had to be there for half a day Wednesday, the whole day Thursday, and Friday morning, so it made no sense at all to go. My cousin and her family live near where I would have been, and originally Steven was going to drive down on Friday since the conference ends at lunch, and we were going to spend the day together and then have dinner with my cousin that night before driving back, so that's a bummer.
But instead, we talked my parents into visiting (after driving here multiple times this year for the wedding and wedding related stuff) and we have a weekend full of fun plans. Steven is off the entire time they are here, which has never happened before, so I'm really excited. Plans include:
- The Got to Be NC Festival (supporting local agriculture and other local goodies)
- Artsplosure (festival all about art, but our fave thing is going on s Sunday morning walk when it's quiet and seeing all the super artistic chalk drawings through downtown)
- Taking them to our new, favorite local pizza place, Gino's, which will no longer be local once we move to the new house, to enjoy the daily deal, $4.63 for a drink and two slices of delicious pizza.
- Making homemade ice cream for them to try.
- Breakfast at Cafe Carolina (which is where Steven and I had breakfast together on our wedding day).
- Taking my parents to see the new house! Our real estate agent is sweet enough to get us in there again so they can see it.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!