I think Felicity learning to talk might be my favorite part of toddlerhood, besides snuggles. Or it might even overtake snuggles. Just don't make me decide. Again, I want to write down some of these that I won't remember when she starts using the words or phrases correctly (*sob* not soon, hopefully).
My have it: when she wants something that someone else has. Or sometimes when she's arguing with her own self over a toy.
My mine: similar to above, but she uses this when she doesn't know the word of said item. So where she'd normally say "my ________" and name the toy, she says "my mine" if she doesn't know the name.
Appy peez. Mook peez. Watuh peez: Pacifier please. Milk please. Water please. Not only are the words cute, but I am so in love with this phase of saying please for EVERYthing. I know it won't last because she had a prior phase of saying thank you constantly that didn't stick, but it's so cute. She will even wake up in the middle of the night requesting "milk please" or even "bless you, mama" the one time I woke myself (and her apparently) up snoring.
Color and cuddle both sound the same. And she loves to do both so figuring out which one she is intending can be quite the challenge!
Airplayin': Airplane. This is my current favorite, and thankfully she says it a lot since we have 2 toy planes a puzzle piece airplane. She said airplane correctly for a month before switching to airplayin' and it makes me smile every time!
Kihee: kitty, which is actual Daniel Tiger. Though she knows his stuffed animal is named Tigey and does not call him a kitty lol All of her DT character pronunciations are wrong and so cute!
Sunday, October 18, 2015
Maternity clothes: I've been in maternity pants since about 11 weeks but I'm just starting to add in some maternity shirts, though I still have a few regular ones that work well.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Mood: Steven says I'm more emotional. I guess so ;).
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
My sister inspired this post because she has written some about things she'll miss about her baby as she gets older and, now that the baby book is down to one page to summarize a whole year (sniff, sniff), I keep thinking about all the cute things she does and wondering if I'll even remember them! So I figured I might as well write a few of them down :). And also Jellybean has kind of taken the blogging spotlight lately so this one's for you, my sweet first born.
19 Month Old Cuteness
- She's already lost this but I have to say it! For months, Felicity called kitties "tih tih" with sort of a lisp on the front end (almost a "th" sound). It was one of our favorite things ever and we were so sad when she learned the word kitty!
- Speaking of the word kitty, she has trouble with double consonants in the middle so kitty is actually pronounced "kih-eee" and cuddle is pronounced "cuh-uhl". Ahhh so cute.
- She is very into helping, but mostly with vacuuming. When I vacuum, Felicity pushes her stroller around the house the way I do with the vacuum. Then she insists on handing me the cord as I wind it up and says "Hepping!".
- Felicity is the cutest copycat. If we are on a play date and the other mom sits on a bench, Felicity goes and sits beside her. If I sit on the ground against a wall, she comes and sits beside me with her back pressed against it. If I stand with my hands behind my back, she scurries over beside me and puts her hands behind her back. And if the neighbor toddler lays on the ground to examine a bug, she lays on the ground and giggles.
- When she wants to eat and I tell her it's not time (for example, in gymnastics class) she goes through every word she has, hoping I'll say yes to one of them. "Eat. Nack. Suppuh. Mook. Eat. Nack."
- Felicity just started getting into her play kitchen and now makes me 'soup' daily. She brings a cup or bowl with a spoon and feeds me, making a slurping sound.
- When I give her a hug, kiss or cuddle, she starts a "my" war with "my huggie! my cuddle! my kissy"! I know I shouldn't encourage it but I do because it's the cutest thing ever! She is also gaining bodily autonomy which I'm super proud of and will say "my arm!" or _____ insert other body part here if someone touches or grabs her.
- She can put her number puzzle together and name the numbers, which blew me away the first time she did it. She confuses 9 and 6 of course, but otherwise does stunningly well. She's so little that I can't believe she sits there and says her numbers! Love that little muffin!
- When I sneeze (or cough lol), she stops what she's doing (even if she's watching "kitty!" Daniel Tiger) to say either "bless you mama" or "bless you mommy". My heart melts every time!